🚩 Uplevel your news reading experience with Ground News using my link: https://ground.news/HistoryMarche
🚩 PLAYLIST – First Scottish War of Independence https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWwyDn76LiH3QSO1x5eHM5g3LTRLUK2Ez
🚩 In Ayrshire, some 10 miles from Kilmarnock, near the village of Darvel, stands a lonely but imposing outcrop of rock, a remnant of Scotland’s volcanic pre-history – Loudoun Hill. It was here on May 10th, 1307 that Robert the Bruce scored his first decisive victory over the forces of Edward I, the Plantagenet King of England, and began his delivery of Scotland’s independence. Some would argue that in winning the war, Bruce not only freed his land from the occupying Southern forces, but unified the fractured country into the Scotland that we recognise today.
🚩 Support HistoryMarche on Patreon and get ad-free early access to our videos for as little as $1: https://www.patreon.com/historymarche
🚩 This video was made in collaboration with Bert’s Battles https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6bQTjy97wMqoFRw4sHwbAQ/featured Check out their channel and give them the credit that they deserve.
📢 Narrated by David McCallion
• Bannockburn 1314: Robert Bruce’s great victory (Peter Armstrong) ISBN: 978-1855326095
• Stirling Bridge & Falkirk 1297-98 (Pete Armstrong). ISBN: 978-1-84176-510-5
• Robert the Bruce, King of Scots (Ronald McNair Scott). ISBN: 978-1-78211-177-1
• A Great and Terrible King: Edward I and the Forging of Britain (Marc Morris). ISBN: 978-0-091-79684-6
• The Hammer of the Scots: Edward I and the Scottish Wars of Independence (David Santiuste). ISBN: 978-1-78159-012-6
• Edward I (Michael Prestwich). ISBN: 978-0-300-07157-3
• William Wallace: Brave Heart (James MacKay). ISBN: 9781780574288
#medieval #history #braveheart
Battle of Dunbar, 1296 ⚔️ First War of Scottish Independence (Part 1) ⚔️ DOCUMENTARY
William Wallace at the Battle of Stirling Bridge, 1297 ⚔️ First War of Scottish Independence Part 2
Battle of Falkirk, 1298 – William Wallace’s Last Stand – First War of Scottish Independence, Part 3
Battle of Bannockburn, 1314 ⚔️ First War of Scottish Independence
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?